Old 09-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Basil Chupin

Default Any suggestion please

On 11/09/2010 19:58, Chris Jeffries wrote:

>> > On the other hand, we here being already upside down do not
>> suffer from
>> > the above as we see things the right way up naturally -
>> except for those
>> > who live closer to the Equator (like in Northern Territory
>> or
>> > Queensland) where they are in a state of confusion of what
>> is what.
>>
>> This is one of the funniest things I have read for a very long
>> time,
>> thank you.
>>

> May I observe that this post appears to overlook the effects of gravity
> in the interests of levity.
>
> Chris.

You are, of course, spot on.

Very few people indeed realise that the rivers in the southern
hemisphere run faster than any of those in the northern hemisphere
simply because they are running downwards.

As I said, a fact only known to a select few.

AND, also naturally, it is also a well known fact throughout the world,
also known to a select few, that, becasue of the laws of levity, "things
at the bottom rise to the top" which is why it takes less time for posts
from "here" to reach "there"; the converse, of course, is true - which
is why I can post a message NOW and not receive a response for many hours.

BC

Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Nils Kassube

Basil Chupin wrote:
> AND, also naturally, it is also a well known fact throughout the
> world, also known to a select few, that, becasue of the laws of
> levity, "things at the bottom rise to the top" which is why it takes
> less time for posts from "here" to reach "there"; the converse, of
> course, is true - which is why I can post a message NOW and not
> receive a response for many hours.

That's the downside of living too close to the date line.

Nils

Old 09-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Basil Chupin

On 11/09/2010 22:17, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> AND, also naturally, it is also a well known fact throughout the
>> world, also known to a select few, that, becasue of the laws of
>> levity, "things at the bottom rise to the top" which is why it takes
>> less time for posts from "here" to reach "there"; the converse, of
>> course, is true - which is why I can post a message NOW and not
>> receive a response for many hours.
>>
> That's the downside of living too close to the date line.
>

> Nils

Ah well, you can't win them all...Nothing is perfect.

But I would rather live "here" than "there".

And to make "you eat your heart out", I'll be one of the first to greet
the fateful day of 21 December 2012! :-) . You'll have to wait hours to
"get yours" :-) .

(Hmmmm, did the Mayans calculate their days/years from where they were
or from the International Date Line?

I think that a Committee should be immediately formed to investigate and
report on this by no later than 1 January 2013.)

BC

Old 09-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Billie Walsh

On 09/11/2010 07:53 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 11/09/2010 22:17, Nils Kassube wrote:
>
>> Basil Chupin wrote:
>>

>>> AND, also naturally, it is also a well known fact throughout the
>>> world, also known to a select few, that, becasue of the laws of
>>> levity, "things at the bottom rise to the top" which is why it takes
>>> less time for posts from "here" to reach "there"; the converse, of
>>> course, is true - which is why I can post a message NOW and not
>>> receive a response for many hours.
>>>

>> That's the downside of living too close to the date line.
>>

>> Nils
>>

> Ah well, you can't win them all...Nothing is perfect.
>
> But I would rather live "here" than "there".
>
> And to make "you eat your heart out", I'll be one of the first to greet
> the fateful day of 21 December 2012! :-) . You'll have to wait hours to
> "get yours" :-) .
>
> (Hmmmm, did the Mayans calculate their days/years from where they were
> or from the International Date Line?
>
> I think that a Committee should be immediately formed to investigate and
> report on this by no later than 1 January 2013.)
>
> BC

Now your thinking like an American politician. THAT'S scary.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:52 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:58:23 +1000
Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> As I said, a fact only known to a select few.

I guess it will be drop bears next?

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 09-11-2010, 01:53 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:58:23 +1000
Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> it is also a well known fact throughout the world,
> also known to a select few, that, becasue of the laws of levity,
> "things at the bottom rise to the top" which is why it takes less
> time for posts from "here" to reach "there"

In view of the fact that you are obviously posting from the future, why
don't you send me (in private email, of course) tomorrow's lottery
winning numbers?

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 09-11-2010, 05:35 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 17:58 +0800, Chris Jeffries wrote:
> > > On the other hand, we here being already upside down do not
> > suffer from
> > > the above as we see things the right way up naturally -
> > except for those
> > > who live closer to the Equator (like in Northern Territory
> > or
> > > Queensland) where they are in a state of confusion of what
> > is what.
> >
> > This is one of the funniest things I have read for a very long
> > time,
> > thank you.
> >

> May I observe that this post appears to overlook the effects of gravity
> in the interests of levity.

It's the denial, Chris. So, they drink lots of beeyaah, down under, to
compensate. That's a good thing, because if they all suddenly got sober,
they would get really peeved at their ancestor's treatment by the Queen
and decide to invade Britain, where the good Stout is. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Basil Chupin

On 11/09/2010 23:14, Billie Walsh wrote:
> On 09/11/2010 07:53 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:

>>> That's the downside of living too close to the date line.
>>>

>>> Nils
>>>

>> Ah well, you can't win them all...Nothing is perfect.
>>
>> But I would rather live "here" than "there".
>>
>> And to make "you eat your heart out", I'll be one of the first to greet
>> the fateful day of 21 December 2012! :-) . You'll have to wait hours to
>> "get yours" :-) .
>>
>> (Hmmmm, did the Mayans calculate their days/years from where they were
>> or from the International Date Line?
>>
>> I think that a Committee should be immediately formed to investigate and
>> report on this by no later than 1 January 2013.)
>>
>> BC
>>

> Now your thinking like an American politician. THAT'S scary.

If you, as an American, thinks it is scary that I am thinking as an
American politician then what do you think the rest of the world thinks
when an American politician DOES express his/her thinkings?!

I'll stop at this point.... :-) .

BC

Old 09-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Basil Chupin

On 11/09/2010 23:53, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:58:23 +1000
> Basil Chupin<blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>

>> it is also a well known fact throughout the world,
>> also known to a select few, that, becasue of the laws of levity,
>> "things at the bottom rise to the top" which is why it takes less
>> time for posts from "here" to reach "there"
>>
> In view of the fact that you are obviously posting from the future, why
> don't you send me (in private email, of course) tomorrow's lottery
> winning numbers?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

I was about to but then realised that the clock flipped over the
midnight count and so it would not have been fair to give you numbers
which were already 48-hours out of date..

Perhaps next year when I attain the level of Ultimate State of Grace in
the Lodge of the Red Beaver, eh....?

BC