Old 01-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez

Default 2.6.23.xx kernels with Gutsy

Hi!

I want to ask you if there are any 2.6.23.xx kernel package for Ubuntu Gutsy.
I know the "Debian way" for build a custom kernel:

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

but i'm afraid if i take, for example, the kernel 2.6.23.14 from http://kernel.org/
and build my own package, i will be loosing a lot of Canonical patches, and who knows
if my system can loose the support for devices like webcam, WiFi USB adapter, or even
the nVidia propietary driver.

So my question is, have Ubuntu patched and packed 2.6.23.xx kernels for Gutsy release?.

Thanks you, very much, in advance.

Regards.

Jose.

--
http://www.lordofunix.org/

Not Registered GNU/Hurd User.
Registered BSD User 51101.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.