Old 09-09-2010, 09:31 AM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default ARM ubuntu on the beagleboard xM

not sure if i posted about this already, but here's my latest bit of
entertainment -- ubuntu 10.04.1, openjdk and a full java-based suite
of ECM software running on the new beagleboard xM:

http://twitpic.com/2m4jte

just because it amused me. detailed documentation on beagleboard
ubuntu can be found here:

http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu

rday

http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Oliver Grawert

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 09.09.2010, 05:31 -0400 schrieb Robert P. J. Day:
> not sure if i posted about this already, but here's my latest bit of
> entertainment -- ubuntu 10.04.1, openjdk and a full java-based suite
> of ECM software running on the new beagleboard xM:
>
> http://twitpic.com/2m4jte
>
> just because it amused me. detailed documentation on beagleboard
> ubuntu can be found here:
>
> http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu
erm ...

if you prefer officially supported ubuntu images to hand rolled third
party stuff, you rather go to:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-netbook/ports/daily-preinstalled/current/

instructions are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/OMAP

there are also images for the upcoming OMAP4 dual core 1GHz/1GB
pandaboard

ciao
oli