Old 09-09-2010, 03:49 AM
"C. F. Howlett"

Default FIXED: Ubuntu 10.04 Shutdown solution

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 18:40:20 -0500
> From: Nora Wilcox <nbwilcox@gmail.com>
> Subject: Ubuntu 10.4 Shutdown
> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> When you click to shutdown Ubuntu, is there a way to not have the
dialog box
> appear every time asking if you really want to shutdown?
>
> I have searched, but could not find any place to change this
preference.

> Thank you!
>
> Nora
> -------------- next part --------------

Go to Applications > Accessories > Terminal
Type gconf-editor
Press ENTER
Click on apps
Click on gnome-session
Click on options
Make the the logout_prompt option is unticked, i.e. NO CHECKMARK
Exit gconf-editor
Type pkill gnome-panel
Press ENTER

After the panel resets, Shutdown should proceed immediately without
giving any options.