Old 09-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Daniel Louw

Default Strange video behaviour

I thought it right to here what this mailing list has to say before running off to BugZilla or something as I am not even sure if it is a bug.

Anyway, like the Subject says, I am experiencing some rather strange behaviour with my machine's video. I am using an Intel DG35EC mobo, and the onboard VGA is powering two monitors set up in a dual-monitor arrangement. One LCD is plugged into the DVI port, and the other into the VGA. One screen is a 22" wide screen, and the other a 19" standard. I am currently running Lucid.

The problem arises after leaving my PC alone long enough for the screens to go to standby. This is the default setting for Lucid. After a while, the screens go to standby, and on moving my mouse op pressing a key, I get prompted to enter my login password, and then I can use my PC again. Now, sometimes, never predictably, one of the screens would *not* come out of sleep mode after I move my mouse. The blue LED on either screen remains red/orange. Only when changing the resolutions of the screens would it come back on. And it is not a specific monitor. It happens to either one!

It's not a trainsmash, but if it is my main screen not working, I am stuck and have to hard reboot. And that's not cool.

Any thoughts would be awesome!

Regards

Daniel

Old 09-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Daniel Louw

Sorry for the spelling error: "I thought it right to HEAR..."

Don't know how that came in...

Old 09-09-2010, 12:29 AM
squareyes

[...]

Hi Daniel,

for the problem of needing to re-enter password, try System .
preferences .* screensaver, and take the tick out of

"Lock screen when screensaver is active"

hope this helps

Winton