Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Karl Larsen

Default A little off topic but I hope someone can shed some light

On 09/07/2010 08:08 PM, Matt Anderson wrote:
I have an HP Pavilion Notebook model 6324US.
The machine will not reboot. *What I mean by this, it shuts off, powers
back up, but never even gets to the BIOS stuff.
I have to turn it off. *Close the lid, wait various amounts of
time before it will start again.
Now, I'm running 10.04.1 very successfully so there are not a
lot of time I have to restart, but non the less, it is VERY frustrating!

Any clues would be greatly appreciated!

--

Matt Anderson

9712216800c@gmail.com

(971) 248-0870

John 8:32

*** Do you mean the reset button is not present or do you mean you have
a reset button but it doesn't work?

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 09-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Dotan Cohen

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 05:08, Matt Anderson <9712216800c@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an HP Pavilion Notebook model 6324US.
> The machine will not reboot. *What I mean by this, it shuts off, powers back
> up, but never even gets to the BIOS stuff.
> I have to turn it off. *Close the lid, wait various amounts of time before
> it will start again.
> Now, I'm running 10.04.1 very successfully so there are not a lot of time I
> have to restart, but non the less, it is VERY frustrating!
> Any clues would be greatly appreciated!

Overheating, maybe?

--
Dotan Cohen