FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Michael Haney
 
Default I'm Finally Taking Action

This is the last straw. There's been nothing done about the screen
resolution issue where the manual monitor selection feature was
removed several versions back. So, I'm taking some drastic action.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ubu2010/petition.html

Spread the word, if you've been bitten by this problem sign the
petition and let Canonical know this need to be fixed.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking
of morality by religion." ~ Arthur C. Clarke
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and
politics, but it is not the path to knowledge, and there is no place
for it in the endeavor of science. " ~ Carl Sagan

Visit My Site:* http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts

Free Your PC from the Bondage of Windows http://www.ubuntu.com

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Nils Kassube
 
Default I'm Finally Taking Action

Michael Haney wrote:
> This is the last straw. There's been nothing done about the screen
> resolution issue where the manual monitor selection feature was
> removed several versions back. So, I'm taking some drastic action.
>
> http://www.petitiononline.com/ubu2010/petition.html
>
> Spread the word, if you've been bitten by this problem sign the
> petition and let Canonical know this need to be fixed.

I don't think that Canonical is the right addressee. If I understand it
correctly, the monitor selection option was part of Xorg. Now that Xorg
is supposed to detect the available resolutions automatically, there is
no more need to have a manual selection. Yes, I know it doesn't work for
all monitors and thats the reason for your petition, but the point is
that IMHO you'd better pester Xorg than Canonical.


Nils

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Basil Chupin
 
Default I'm Finally Taking Action

On 08/09/2010 17:12, Michael Haney wrote:
> This is the last straw. There's been nothing done about the screen
> resolution issue where the manual monitor selection feature was
> removed several versions back. So, I'm taking some drastic action.
>
> http://www.petitiononline.com/ubu2010/petition.html
>
> Spread the word, if you've been bitten by this problem sign the
> petition and let Canonical know this need to be fixed.
>

Following on from my earlier response, I now see that Alan Pope
responded to you about this sage in SOUNDER mail list stating that you
posted this "bug" 2 years ago but did not provide any details about the
problem to the developers in the meantime.

Over to you.....

BC

--
Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Basil Chupin
 
Default I'm Finally Taking Action

On 08/09/2010 19:14, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 17:12, Michael Haney wrote:
>
>> This is the last straw. There's been nothing done about the screen
>> resolution issue where the manual monitor selection feature was
>> removed several versions back. So, I'm taking some drastic action.
>>
>> http://www.petitiononline.com/ubu2010/petition.html
>>
>> Spread the word, if you've been bitten by this problem sign the
>> petition and let Canonical know this need to be fixed.
>>
>>
> Following on from my earlier response, I now see that Alan Pope
> responded to you about this sage in SOUNDER mail list stating that you
> posted this "bug" 2 years ago but did not provide any details about the
> problem to the developers in the meantime.
>

"saga" even, and not 'sage' :-( .

BC

--
Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Gilles Gravier
 
Default I'm Finally Taking Action

Hi!

On 08/09/2010 11:18, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 19:14, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 08/09/2010 17:12, Michael Haney wrote:
>>
>>> This is the last straw. There's been nothing done about the screen
>>> resolution issue where the manual monitor selection feature was
>>> removed several versions back. So, I'm taking some drastic action.
>>>
>>> http://www.petitiononline.com/ubu2010/petition.html
>>>
>>> Spread the word, if you've been bitten by this problem sign the
>>> petition and let Canonical know this need to be fixed.
>>>
>>>
>> Following on from my earlier response, I now see that Alan Pope
>> responded to you about this sage in SOUNDER mail list stating that you
>> posted this "bug" 2 years ago but did not provide any details about the
>> problem to the developers in the meantime.
>>
> "saga" even, and not 'sage' :-( .

Hehe... Morning... Lack of coffee... Happens to me all the time.

Gilles.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Basil Chupin
 
Default I'm Finally Taking Action

On 08/09/2010 19:24, Gilles Gravier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 08/09/2010 11:18, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> On 08/09/2010 19:14, Basil Chupin wrote:
>>
>>> On 08/09/2010 17:12, Michael Haney wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> This is the last straw. There's been nothing done about the screen
>>>> resolution issue where the manual monitor selection feature was
>>>> removed several versions back. So, I'm taking some drastic action.
>>>>
>>>> http://www.petitiononline.com/ubu2010/petition.html
>>>>
>>>> Spread the word, if you've been bitten by this problem sign the
>>>> petition and let Canonical know this need to be fixed.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Following on from my earlier response, I now see that Alan Pope
>>> responded to you about this sage in SOUNDER mail list stating that you
>>> posted this "bug" 2 years ago but did not provide any details about the
>>> problem to the developers in the meantime.
>>>
>>>
>> "saga" even, and not 'sage' :-( .
>>
> Hehe... Morning... Lack of coffee... Happens to me all the time.
>

Nothin' to do with coffee - it's 1929 hours here at the moment :-) .

All to do with fingurrs not following bwain :-) .

Or fingers doing their own thing and not paying attention to the bwain...

Actually, when I went to correct the error, as in the last message, I
knew what I typed incorrectly, and yet I still typed "sage" and not
"saga"! :-) .

Something to do with voodoo energy being sent through the ether.....

BC

--
Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Ric Moore
 
Default I'm Finally Taking Action

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 19:35 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 19:24, Gilles Gravier wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > On 08/09/2010 11:18, Basil Chupin wrote:
> >
> >> On 08/09/2010 19:14, Basil Chupin wrote:
> >>
> >>> On 08/09/2010 17:12, Michael Haney wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>> This is the last straw. There's been nothing done about the screen
> >>>> resolution issue where the manual monitor selection feature was
> >>>> removed several versions back. So, I'm taking some drastic action.
> >>>>
> >>>> http://www.petitiononline.com/ubu2010/petition.html
> >>>>
> >>>> Spread the word, if you've been bitten by this problem sign the
> >>>> petition and let Canonical know this need to be fixed.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>> Following on from my earlier response, I now see that Alan Pope
> >>> responded to you about this sage in SOUNDER mail list stating that you
> >>> posted this "bug" 2 years ago but did not provide any details about the
> >>> problem to the developers in the meantime.
> >>>
> >>>
> >> "saga" even, and not 'sage' :-( .
> >>
> > Hehe... Morning... Lack of coffee... Happens to me all the time.
> >
>
> Nothin' to do with coffee - it's 1929 hours here at the moment :-) .
>
> All to do with fingurrs not following bwain :-) .
>
> Or fingers doing their own thing and not paying attention to the bwain...
>
> Actually, when I went to correct the error, as in the last message, I
> knew what I typed incorrectly, and yet I still typed "sage" and not
> "saga"! :-) .
>
> Something to do with voodoo energy being sent through the ether.....

It is the direct result of the lack of a proper chicken foot to wave and
chant with. Computer voodoo and pR0n built the Internet, along with a
zillion cups of coffee. Ric


--
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
Linux user# 44256


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 09-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Anthony Papillion
 
Default I'm Finally Taking Action

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Michael Haney <thezorch@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is the last straw. *There's been nothing done about the screen
> resolution issue where the manual monitor selection feature was
> removed several versions back. *So, I'm taking some drastic action.
>
> http://www.petitiononline.com/ubu2010/petition.html
>
> Spread the word, if you've been bitten by this problem sign the
> petition and let Canonical know this need to be fixed.

Hi Michael,

I don't think that there's going to be much done because of this
petition. What about starting a fork? That might be a much faster and
straightforward way of getting this done.
--
Anthony Papillion
Lead Developer / Owner
Advanced Data Concepts - "Enabling work anywhere"
(918) 919-4624

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cajuntechie
My Blog:** http://www.cajuntechie.com

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:56 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org