Old 09-08-2010, 02:33 AM
"C. F. Howlett"

Default A little off topic...

My previous laptop exhibited almost those exact symptoms. Found out too
late that the spring holding the pcmcia cover in the closed position had
shifted. The spring was causing an intermittent but deadly electrical
arc with the motherboard which eventually killed the computer.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:13 AM
Tapas Mishra

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:03 AM, C. F. Howlett <seattlechaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> My previous laptop exhibited almost those exact symptoms. *Found out too
> late that the spring holding the pcmcia cover in the closed position had
> shifted. *The spring was causing an intermittent but deadly electrical
> arc with the motherboard which eventually killed the computer.

I am catching up with this thread a bit late can you explain the issue
or give a link to where you previously have done it.