Old 09-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Nora Wilcox

Default Ubuntu Lptop Question

Does anyone have experience with System76, Inc. computers pre-loaded with Ubuntu?* I am in the market for a new laptop, and it would be nice to get a computer with Ubuntu that would work right out of the box.

*

Thank you!
*
Nora

Old 09-08-2010, 01:52 AM
steve reilly

On 09/07/2010 09:25 PM, Nora Wilcox wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with System76, Inc. computers pre-loaded
> with Ubuntu? I am in the market for a new laptop, and it would be nice
> to get a computer with Ubuntu that would work right out of the box.
>
> Thank you!
> Nora

have nothing but good things to say. picked up a pangolin about 6
months ago. nvidia 105m, intel core 2 duo, 2.2 ghz, 2 gigs of ram,
clevo case. nice machine.

steve

Old 09-08-2010, 02:02 AM
jack wallen

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 20:25 -0500, Nora Wilcox wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with System76, Inc. computers pre-loaded
> with Ubuntu? I am in the market for a new laptop, and it would be
> nice to get a computer with Ubuntu that would work right out of the
> box.

I did some reviews for CNET. Really impressive systems. Everything
worked out of the box. Hardware was solid. Support was great.

> Thank you!
>
> Nora

jack wallen
Leonard: Thanks for close captioning my pain, Raj.
Linux uptime: 22:01:43 up 6 days, 13:38, 1 user, load average: 0.68,
0.64, 0.81