Old 09-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Nolan Cooper

Default Ping: "TheZorch"

+1 Zorch

I have thought many, many times if the ones on this list would talk to or about their own
fathers or mothers in the way they do Karl. NO!

I do have empathy for the ones suppling the quality help on this list, as Karl has many
wrong answers.

My problem is that I cannot make my mind up as to whether Karl has problems because of his
advancing age, or truly is a "troll". I suspect it is both.

Therefore would it not be the kind thing to do, to just correct the *misinformation* and
let it go at that. In other words, no attacks against the individual who makes the wrong
statement. In any shape or form?

That is what a professional does, is it not, that is 'DoTheRightThing', after all that is
what makes one a *professional*.

That said, if Karl's problems stem from advancing age, then 40 lashes minus 1 for me for
having a _little_ bit of fun in my two prior post. And I mean that Karl.

Nolan

Old 09-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Christopher Chan

On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 08:55 AM, Nolan Cooper wrote:
> +1 Zorch
>
> I have thought many, many times if the ones on this list would talk to or about their own
> fathers or mothers in the way they do Karl. NO!
>
> I do have empathy for the ones suppling the quality help on this list, as Karl has many
> wrong answers.
>
> My problem is that I cannot make my mind up as to whether Karl has problems because of his
> advancing age, or truly is a "troll". I suspect it is both.
>
> Therefore would it not be the kind thing to do, to just correct the *misinformation* and
> let it go at that. In other words, no attacks against the individual who makes the wrong
> statement. In any shape or form?
>
> That is what a professional does, is it not, that is 'DoTheRightThing', after all that is
> what makes one a *professional*.
>
> That said, if Karl's problems stem from advancing age, then 40 lashes minus 1 for me for
> having a _little_ bit of fun in my two prior post. And I mean that Karl.

I doubt it. He is not senile at all if you ask me. We are helping keep
his wits and not letting his brain rot to vegetable state. Is there a
problem when certain ones of us don't feel appreciated for our efforts
in keeping his mind active?

Old 09-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Michael Haney

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 08:55 AM, Nolan Cooper wrote:
>> +1 Zorch
>>
>> I have thought many, many times if the ones on this list would talk to or about their own
>> fathers or mothers in the way they do Karl. *NO!
>>
>> I do have empathy for the ones suppling the quality help on this list, as Karl has many
>> wrong answers.
>>
>> My problem is that I cannot make my mind up as to whether Karl has problems because of his
>> advancing age, or truly is a "troll". I suspect it is both.
>>
>> Therefore would it not be the kind thing to do, to just correct the *misinformation* and
>> let it go at that. In other words, no attacks against the individual who makes the wrong
>> statement. In any shape or form?
>>
>> That is what a professional does, is it not, that is 'DoTheRightThing', after all that is
>> what makes one a *professional*.
>>
>> That said, if Karl's problems stem from advancing age, then 40 lashes minus 1 for me for
>> having a _little_ bit of fun in my two prior post. And I mean that Karl.
>
> I doubt it. He is not senile at all if you ask me. We are helping keep
> his wits and not letting his brain rot to vegetable state. Is there a
> problem when certain ones of us don't feel appreciated for our efforts
> in keeping his mind active?

My uncle used to be a very nice man. When I was younger he looked
exactly like Alice Cooper, minutes the face tattoos, and thought that
was pretty cool. He's gotten senile now and my aunt is afraid of him
because he's turned pretty mean. My uncle's driven off a lot of the
family due to his behavior, but its not his fault his mind is going.
It'll happen to the best of us when we get that old, or we'll get
lucky and evolve to a higher plane of existence when December 21st,
2010 comes along.

Hey, you never know. ;-)

Assuming Karl is old, its pretty neat that an old guy is using Linux.
A friend of mine believes adamantly that Seniors won't be able to
understand Ubuntu especially if they've been using Windows. He's a
former Windows User turned Mac User, BTW. But, he's slowly coming
around though as he discovers his knowledge of Linux is woefully
out-of-date.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:* http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts

Old 09-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Nolan Cooper

On 09/07/2010 06:05 PM, Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 08:55 AM, Nolan Cooper wrote:
>> +1 Zorch
>>
>> I have thought many, many times if the ones on this list would talk to or about their own
>> fathers or mothers in the way they do Karl. NO!
>>
>> I do have empathy for the ones suppling the quality help on this list, as Karl has many
>> wrong answers.
>>
>> My problem is that I cannot make my mind up as to whether Karl has problems because of his
>> advancing age, or truly is a "troll". I suspect it is both.
>>
>> Therefore would it not be the kind thing to do, to just correct the *misinformation* and
>> let it go at that. In other words, no attacks against the individual who makes the wrong
>> statement. In any shape or form?
>>
>> That is what a professional does, is it not, that is 'DoTheRightThing', after all that is
>> what makes one a *professional*.
>>
>> That said, if Karl's problems stem from advancing age, then 40 lashes minus 1 for me for
>> having a _little_ bit of fun in my two prior post. And I mean that Karl.
>
> I doubt it. He is not senile at all if you ask me. We are helping keep
> his wits and not letting his brain rot to vegetable state. Is there a
> problem when certain ones of us don't feel appreciated for our efforts
> in keeping his mind active?

I can appreciate keeping his mind active, I will probably need that for myself in the not
to distant future. , my problem only stems from the verbal abuse, and that I feel is
wrong in any situation.

Just my $1.00..inflation you know.

Nolan

Old 09-08-2010, 01:35 AM
ms

On 08/09/10 02:05, Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 08:55 AM, Nolan Cooper wrote:
>> +1 Zorch
>>
>> I have thought many, many times if the ones on this list would talk to or about their own
>> fathers or mothers in the way they do Karl. NO!
>>
>> I do have empathy for the ones suppling the quality help on this list, as Karl has many
>> wrong answers.
>>
>> My problem is that I cannot make my mind up as to whether Karl has problems because of his
>> advancing age, or truly is a "troll". I suspect it is both.
>>
>> Therefore would it not be the kind thing to do, to just correct the *misinformation* and
>> let it go at that. In other words, no attacks against the individual who makes the wrong
>> statement. In any shape or form?
>>
>> That is what a professional does, is it not, that is 'DoTheRightThing', after all that is
>> what makes one a *professional*.
>>
>> That said, if Karl's problems stem from advancing age, then 40 lashes minus 1 for me for
>> having a _little_ bit of fun in my two prior post. And I mean that Karl.
>
> I doubt it. He is not senile at all if you ask me. We are helping keep
> his wits and not letting his brain rot to vegetable state. Is there a
> problem when certain ones of us don't feel appreciated for our efforts
> in keeping his mind active?

What about having a bit of mercy both for him and for us, and quietly
disable his access to the list? He serves no purpose apart from making
constantly a fool of himself. He abuses the list regularly by blogging
random stuff on it. Let's get rid of this.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Nolan Cooper

On 09/07/2010 06:32 PM, Michael Haney wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Christopher Chan
> <christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 08:55 AM, Nolan Cooper wrote:
>>> +1 Zorch
>>>
>>> I have thought many, many times if the ones on this list would talk to or about their own
>>> fathers or mothers in the way they do Karl. NO!
>>>
>>> I do have empathy for the ones suppling the quality help on this list, as Karl has many
>>> wrong answers.
>>>
>>> My problem is that I cannot make my mind up as to whether Karl has problems because of his
>>> advancing age, or truly is a "troll". I suspect it is both.
>>>
>>> Therefore would it not be the kind thing to do, to just correct the *misinformation* and
>>> let it go at that. In other words, no attacks against the individual who makes the wrong
>>> statement. In any shape or form?
>>>
>>> That is what a professional does, is it not, that is 'DoTheRightThing', after all that is
>>> what makes one a *professional*.
>>>
>>> That said, if Karl's problems stem from advancing age, then 40 lashes minus 1 for me for
>>> having a _little_ bit of fun in my two prior post. And I mean that Karl.
>>
>> I doubt it. He is not senile at all if you ask me. We are helping keep
>> his wits and not letting his brain rot to vegetable state. Is there a
>> problem when certain ones of us don't feel appreciated for our efforts
>> in keeping his mind active?
>>

> My uncle used to be a very nice man. When I was younger he looked
> exactly like Alice Cooper, minutes the face tattoos, and thought that
> was pretty cool. He's gotten senile now and my aunt is afraid of him
> because he's turned pretty mean. My uncle's driven off a lot of the
> family due to his behavior, but its not his fault his mind is going.
> It'll happen to the best of us when we get that old, or we'll get
> lucky and evolve to a higher plane of existence when December 21st,
> 2010 comes along.
>
> Hey, you never know. ;-)
>
> Assuming Karl is old, its pretty neat that an old guy is using Linux.
> A friend of mine believes adamantly that Seniors won't be able to
> understand Ubuntu especially if they've been using Windows. He's a
> former Windows User turned Mac User, BTW. But, he's slowly coming
> around though as he discovers his knowledge of Linux is woefully
> out-of-date.

I understand about your uncle, as my wife and myself are caring for her mother, and she is
an only child, who is to be 88 in Nov. and believe me I know what you are saying about you
uncle.

And if I have kept abreast of Karl's blogging he is 77 Years old or will turn 77 yet this
year.

best to all
Nolan

Old 09-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Nolan Cooper

On 09/07/2010 06:35 PM, ms wrote:
> On 08/09/10 02:05, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 08:55 AM, Nolan Cooper wrote:
>>> +1 Zorch
>>>
>>> I have thought many, many times if the ones on this list would talk to or about their own
>>> fathers or mothers in the way they do Karl. NO!
>>>
>>> I do have empathy for the ones suppling the quality help on this list, as Karl has many
>>> wrong answers.
>>>
>>> My problem is that I cannot make my mind up as to whether Karl has problems because of his
>>> advancing age, or truly is a "troll". I suspect it is both.
>>>
>>> Therefore would it not be the kind thing to do, to just correct the *misinformation* and
>>> let it go at that. In other words, no attacks against the individual who makes the wrong
>>> statement. In any shape or form?
>>>
>>> That is what a professional does, is it not, that is 'DoTheRightThing', after all that is
>>> what makes one a *professional*.
>>>
>>> That said, if Karl's problems stem from advancing age, then 40 lashes minus 1 for me for
>>> having a _little_ bit of fun in my two prior post. And I mean that Karl.
>>
>> I doubt it. He is not senile at all if you ask me. We are helping keep
>> his wits and not letting his brain rot to vegetable state. Is there a
>> problem when certain ones of us don't feel appreciated for our efforts
>> in keeping his mind active?
>
> What about having a bit of mercy both for him and for us, and quietly
> disable his access to the list? He serves no purpose apart from making
> constantly a fool of himself. He abuses the list regularly by blogging
> random stuff on it. Let's get rid of this.

That does not solve the problem for number 1. And 2, it _is not the kind thing to do._

I too have shaken my head at some of his responses. But on the flip side I have observed
some *right on* comments by Karl.
As I mentioned before, just immediately correct the misinformation and let it go.

It would work if everyone would do just that little thing. And just think of all the bytes
Ubuntu would not have to archive. Mega bucks saved!

Nolan

Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Karl Larsen

On 09/07/2010 07:44 PM, Nolan Cooper wrote:
> On 09/07/2010 06:32 PM, Michael Haney wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Christopher Chan
>> <christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

>>> I doubt it. He is not senile at all if you ask me. We are helping keep
>>> his wits and not letting his brain rot to vegetable state. Is there a
>>> problem when certain ones of us don't feel appreciated for our efforts
>>> in keeping his mind active?
>>>

>> My uncle used to be a very nice man. When I was younger he looked
>> exactly like Alice Cooper, minutes the face tattoos, and thought that
>> was pretty cool. He's gotten senile now and my aunt is afraid of him
>> because he's turned pretty mean. My uncle's driven off a lot of the
>> family due to his behavior, but its not his fault his mind is going.
>> It'll happen to the best of us when we get that old, or we'll get
>> lucky and evolve to a higher plane of existence when December 21st,
>> 2010 comes along.
>>
>> Hey, you never know. ;-)
>>
>> Assuming Karl is old, its pretty neat that an old guy is using Linux.
>> A friend of mine believes adamantly that Seniors won't be able to
>> understand Ubuntu especially if they've been using Windows. He's a
>> former Windows User turned Mac User, BTW. But, he's slowly coming
>> around though as he discovers his knowledge of Linux is woefully
>> out-of-date.
>>

> I understand about your uncle, as my wife and myself are caring for her mother, and she is
> an only child, who is to be 88 in Nov. and believe me I know what you are saying about you
> uncle.
>
> And if I have kept abreast of Karl's blogging he is 77 Years old or will turn 77 yet this
> year.
>
> best to all
> Nolan

All of you are stupid. I seldom give ANY answer and seldom a
wrong one. You people like to take what you THINK is an error and blow
it out of proportion! So keep your hate for ME off this LIST. Or the
list will kill you.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 09-08-2010, 02:00 AM
Tom H

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Nolan Cooper <4030man@gmail.com> wrote:

> I too have shaken my head at some of his responses. But on the flip side I have observed
> some *right on* comments by Karl.
> As I mentioned before, just immediately correct the misinformation and let it go.

I used to correct his wildly incorrect posts but I have given up.

It's too bad that the u-u moderator(s) is(are) not like the k-u
moderator or the CentOS moderators...

Old 09-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Christopher Chan

> All of you are stupid. I seldom give ANY answer and seldom a
> wrong one. You people like to take what you THINK is an error and blow
> it out of proportion! So keep your hate for ME off this LIST. Or the
> list will kill you.
>
> 73 Karl

"Why would you watch the comedy channel when you have the ubuntu users
mailing list"