Old 09-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Karl Larsen

Default The version 10.04 Situation

On 09/07/2010 07:43 AM, Christopher Chan wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> I started with 10.04Alfa and saw how it grew into the system it is
>> today at 10.04.1. This has to be the finest Desktop operating system in
>> the world! It seems to load onto almost any computer that has at least
>> 560KB of RAM and a partition of at least 10 GB.
>>
> ???
>

>> Today computer experts are putting 10.04 on tiny "netbooks" which
>> have solid state RAM and Hard Drive. I am amazed it runs! But it does.
>>
>> If you have a full size laptop 10.04 loads easier than windows. You
>> might have a problem getting the WiFi to work. I found wicd sometimes helps.
>>
>> So with the usual computer you can get the Desktop version of 10.04
>> from the web page and when you get the software onto a cd-rom or memory
>> stick you load it and 99 out of 100 times it comes up running like you
>> want it.
>>
>> Today this is the finest software Ubuntu has ever produced.
>>
> What are you talking about? Ubuntu DOS? I know for sure DOS is far
> easier to load than Windows. Where can I get this wicd TSR program you
> are talking about? Anything to get WIFI and still have 560KB of RAM left
> to run stuff!

Sorry you have problems with English.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 09-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Hakan Koseoglu

Karl,

On 7 September 2010 15:32, Karl Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 560KB of RAM and a partition of at least 10 GB.
> * * * * Sorry you have problems with English.
Sorry you have problems with your brain.

[Citation needed] on 560KB of RAM to install Ubuntu.

https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/installation-guide/i386/memory-disk-requirements.html
says min 44MB RAM.
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/installation-guide/i386/minimum-hardware-reqts.html
says minimum 64MB, realistically 256MB and 512MB with a desktop.

I know you mix KILObytes and MEGAbytes, the difference is only a
thousand times. OTOH, we had discussed this before and I'm sure you
would have learned the difference by now. Stop watching Glenn Beck and
start reading.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Johnneylee Rollins

<forwards yet another useless informationless blog post to
blog.karl-effing-larsen.com>

~SpaceGhost

Old 09-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Johnneylee Rollins

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan@koseoglu.org> wrote:
> Karl,

>> * * * * Sorry you have problems with English.
> Sorry you have problems with your brain.
>
> [Citation needed] on 560KB of RAM to install Ubuntu.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/installation-guide/i386/memory-disk-requirements.html
> says min 44MB RAM.
> https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/installation-guide/i386/minimum-hardware-reqts.html
> says minimum 64MB, realistically 256MB and 512MB with a desktop.
>
> I know you mix KILObytes and MEGAbytes, the difference is only a
> thousand times. OTOH, we had discussed this before and I'm sure you
> would have learned the difference by now. Stop watching Glenn Beck and
> start reading.

If you've ever read any of his posts, he clearly just slams his face
down on his keyboard. No one could possibly be this umm, 73. He's
illiterate, we should humor him.

~SpaceGhost

Old 09-07-2010, 05:48 PM
"David C. Curtis"

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 22:17 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> > Karl,
> > On 7 September 2010 14:11, Karl Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I started with 10.04Alfa and saw how it grew into the system it is
> >> today at 10.04.1. This has to be the finest Desktop operating system in
> >> the world! It seems to load onto almost any computer that has at least
> >> 560KB of RAM and a partition of at least 10 GB.
> > You forgot to have your medication today. It's the red pills.
> > If you want to have a blog, please open a blog.
>
> SSsshh! He is sensitive about his blogging. Just treat his post as his
> attempt at Marketing 101.

You mean trolling 101, this isn't the first time he's made blatant
errors hoping some anal retentive type will yell at him. He only wants
attention, please don't encourage him.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Christopher Chan

Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 09/07/2010 07:43 AM, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> Karl Larsen wrote:
>>
>>> I started with 10.04Alfa and saw how it grew into the system it is
>>> today at 10.04.1. This has to be the finest Desktop operating system in
>>> the world! It seems to load onto almost any computer that has at least
>>> 560KB of RAM and a partition of at least 10 GB.
>>>
>> ???

>> What are you talking about? Ubuntu DOS? I know for sure DOS is far
>> easier to load than Windows. Where can I get this wicd TSR program you
>> are talking about? Anything to get WIFI and still have 560KB of RAM left
>> to run stuff!
>>

> Sorry you have problems with English.

Sorry you cannot laugh at yourself.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Angus MacGyver

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 10:42 -0700, Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan@koseoglu.org> wrote:
> > Karl,

> > start reading.
> >
> If you've ever read any of his posts, he clearly just slams his face
> down on his keyboard. No one could possibly be this umm, 73. He's
> illiterate, we should humor him.

I think I now know what the 73 refers to...
A typo of his IQ.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Michael Haney

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:48 PM, David C. Curtis <dave.c.curtis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 22:17 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
>> > Karl,
>> > You forgot to have your medication today. It's the red pills.
>> > If you want to have a blog, please open a blog.
>>
>> SSsshh! He is sensitive about his blogging. Just treat his post as his
>> attempt at Marketing 101.
>>

> You mean trolling 101, this isn't the first time he's made blatant
> errors hoping some anal retentive type will yell at him. He only wants
> attention, please don't encourage him.

Its more like the Trolls can't control themselves and act like decent
people. No, that's asking to damn much for them to be nice to others.
Its against some, as yet, undiscovered Law of Psychics that the
majority of Linux users must always act like assholes just because.

THAT is why Linux users have had to bow, claw, crawl, scrape and beg
for even a tiny morsel of respect. Why? Because there is an
extremely verbal minority within the Linux Community who can't act
like adults or even like human beings. They are the worst enemy the
Linux Community has ever faced. Its not the corporate PC builders who
refuse to pre-install Linux on their machines, its not Microsoft who
fights proxy wars against Linux through other companies, and its not
even people who are against Open Source in general. Our greatest
enemy is from within the Linux Community itself.

Karl Larson had nothing but GOOD things to say about Ubuntu, and I
agree with him. This latest release has been the best so far, and I
agree its much to install and use than Windows is. But, the Trolls
took that as a sign to start blindly attacking like sharks in a
feeding frenzy.

Its not only sad its disgraceful. They need to grow up and start
acting like human beings rather than a pack of animals.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:* http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts

Old 09-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Tom H

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Michael Haney <thezorch@gmail.com> wrote:

> Karl Larson had nothing but GOOD things to say about Ubuntu, and I
> agree with him. *This latest release has been the best so far, and I
> agree its much to install and use than Windows is. *But, the Trolls
> took that as a sign to start blindly attacking like sharks in a
> feeding frenzy.

Karl also says bad things about Ubuntu; it depends on how badly he has
broken his system or whether he is has run an upgrade that has broken
something on his system.

The biggest problem with Karl is that he regularly posts completely
incorrect information to the list that will unfortunately be googlable
for the foreseeable future.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Karl Larsen

On 09/07/2010 05:34 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Michael Haney<thezorch@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Karl Larson had nothing but GOOD things to say about Ubuntu, and I
>> agree with him. This latest release has been the best so far, and I
>> agree its much to install and use than Windows is. But, the Trolls
>> took that as a sign to start blindly attacking like sharks in a
>> feeding frenzy.
>>
> Karl also says bad things about Ubuntu; it depends on how badly he has
> broken his system or whether he is has run an upgrade that has broken
> something on his system.
>
> The biggest problem with Karl is that he regularly posts completely
> incorrect information to the list that will unfortunately be googlable
> for the foreseeable future.

Your FULL of Shit!

73 Karl the only FULL American on this list :-)

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User