Old 09-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Karl Larsen

Default The version 10.04 Situation

I started with 10.04Alfa and saw how it grew into the system it is
today at 10.04.1. This has to be the finest Desktop operating system in
the world! It seems to load onto almost any computer that has at least
560KB of RAM and a partition of at least 10 GB.

Today computer experts are putting 10.04 on tiny "netbooks" which
have solid state RAM and Hard Drive. I am amazed it runs! But it does.

If you have a full size laptop 10.04 loads easier than windows. You
might have a problem getting the WiFi to work. I found wicd sometimes helps.

So with the usual computer you can get the Desktop version of 10.04
from the web page and when you get the software onto a cd-rom or memory
stick you load it and 99 out of 100 times it comes up running like you
want it.

Today this is the finest software Ubuntu has ever produced.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 09-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Christopher Chan

Karl Larsen wrote:
> I started with 10.04Alfa and saw how it grew into the system it is
> today at 10.04.1. This has to be the finest Desktop operating system in
> the world! It seems to load onto almost any computer that has at least
> 560KB of RAM and a partition of at least 10 GB.

???

> Today computer experts are putting 10.04 on tiny "netbooks" which
> have solid state RAM and Hard Drive. I am amazed it runs! But it does.
>
> If you have a full size laptop 10.04 loads easier than windows. You
> might have a problem getting the WiFi to work. I found wicd sometimes helps.
>
> So with the usual computer you can get the Desktop version of 10.04
> from the web page and when you get the software onto a cd-rom or memory
> stick you load it and 99 out of 100 times it comes up running like you
> want it.
>
> Today this is the finest software Ubuntu has ever produced.

What are you talking about? Ubuntu DOS? I know for sure DOS is far
easier to load than Windows. Where can I get this wicd TSR program you
are talking about? Anything to get WIFI and still have 560KB of RAM left
to run stuff!

Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Hakan Koseoglu

Karl,
On 7 September 2010 14:11, Karl Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:

> * * I started with 10.04Alfa and saw how it grew into the system it is
> today at 10.04.1. This has to be the finest Desktop operating system in
> the world! It seems to load onto almost any computer that has at least
> 560KB of RAM and a partition of at least 10 GB.
You forgot to have your medication today. It's the red pills.
If you want to have a blog, please open a blog.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Christopher Chan

Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> Karl,
> On 7 September 2010 14:11, Karl Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I started with 10.04Alfa and saw how it grew into the system it is
>> today at 10.04.1. This has to be the finest Desktop operating system in
>> the world! It seems to load onto almost any computer that has at least
>> 560KB of RAM and a partition of at least 10 GB.
> You forgot to have your medication today. It's the red pills.
> If you want to have a blog, please open a blog.

SSsshh! He is sensitive about his blogging. Just treat his post as his
attempt at Marketing 101.