Old 09-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Michael Pavling

Default Automatically mount usb drives on Ubuntu Server

I've been reading through
http://wiki.rdiff-backup.org/wiki/index.php/USBBackupScript as I have
three USB hard drives I want to rotate backups around, and that guide
seemed to explain how to get different-labelled drives to
automatically mount in the same place.

But although the /dev/rdiff_backup_usbdisk symlink gets created, if I
replace the run command with "mount /dev/rdiff_backup_usbdisk
/media/usb_backup" is doesn't mount when the drive is connected. I can
manually run the same mount command, and it works fine.
Any ideas?

Old 09-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Michael Pavling

On 6 September 2010 12:22, Michael Pavling <pavling@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can
> manually run the same mount command, and it works fine.
> Any ideas?

Ignore me. I lied.
I had a typo in my rules file so the mount wasn't working. If I try to
mount the *right* symlink, it *does* all work perfectly.

Thanks.