Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 AM
"M.R."

Default net-book recommendation (wanted)

Hi there;

I am looking for a net-book (Asus eee pc and similar "class") computer,
and the two most important features are:

1) ability to run Ubuntu 10.04, specifically that wifi and sound both
work "out of the box".

2) easy access to "removable" hard drive; so that hard dives can be
swapped without taking the whole casing apart (or, God forbid, use of
a soldering iron ; i.e., some kind of HD access cover/panel, not
unlike some/most laptops.

All I need on the computer is wifi, ethernet and USB. SD card is
usefull but not neccessary. I do not require other devices
(web-cam, bluetooth etc.). Whether I need to run the net-book
edition or "regular" Ubunty is a different discussion, not to be
entered at this time.

Thanks in advance for all recommendations,

Marko R.