Old 09-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Basil Chupin

Default Let's hope that after Maverick Meerkat....

...Canonical doesn't run out of names for its releases any time soon!

This appeared in our newspaper today:

http://picpaste.com/Dilbert-2-U2CGFuQV.jpg

BC

--
...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol.
W C Fields

Old 09-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Mark Widdicombe

They keep changing the names, anyway. The next release was originally to be Mangy Muskrat, followed by Naughty Nyala, Odious Opossum and Putrid Panda.

Disclaimer
http://www.shopriteholdings.co.za/pages/1019812640/disclaimer/E-mail-Disclaimer.asp

Old 09-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Basil Chupin

On 06/09/2010 16:45, Mark Widdicombe wrote:

> [...]

Phew! At least 2 years, then, before we reach "that general part of the
human body"! :-)

BC

Old 09-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 16:57 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 06/09/2010 16:45, Mark Widdicombe wrote:

After the animal name series, they will use the names of CP/M
machines ...like "Allie Altos". "Ozzie Osborne" will be my favorite. I
hope I live long enough to install it! Huh, I'm stuck trying to remember
what CP/M machine starts with a "B". Damn... time to google.
Tomorrow. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 09-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Basil Chupin

On 06/09/2010 17:14, Ric Moore wrote:
> [...]

"Ballmer"?

BC

Old 09-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Christopher Chan

>>> Phew! At least 2 years, then, before we reach "that general part of the
>>> human body"! :-)
>>>
>> After the animal name series, they will use the names of CP/M
>> machines ...like "Allie Altos". "Ozzie Osborne" will be my favorite. I
>> hope I live long enough to install it! Huh, I'm stuck trying to remember
>> what CP/M machine starts with a "B".
>
> "Ballmer"?

"Balmy Ballmer"

Nope, can't be it.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 AM
"Gurus Knugum"

Den 2010-09-06 09:56:13 skrev Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au>:

> On 06/09/2010 17:14, Ric Moore wrote:

I don't know, but I remember the first computer I used. It was a Swedish
CP/M machine named ABC80.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC80

--
Kind regards