Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 AM
NoOp

Default Automount Floppies

As would be the case, I don't usually use floppys much anymore but the
last time that I did I was able to put a floppy in the drive and Gutsy
7.10 would automount the disk. Doing some work today that required a
floppy I noticed that the only way that I could get the disk to mount
was via:

sudo mount /dev/fd0 /media/floppy (or /media/floppy0)

umount also works the same, as does using the gnome floppy formater
(Applications|System Tools|Floppy Formater) - which does mount the disk
for formating.

I thought that perhaps the problem might be on this system that has gone
from Dapper ==> Fiesty ==> Gutsy, so I tried it on a newly installed
7.10 system (fully updated) and got the same results.

Anyone else have similar problem?