Old 08-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Dirk Freitag

Default WiFi RTL8187B on Toshiba Satellite L500-1ZW and L300-14X does not work after hibernation

On 08/16/2010 05:04 AM, Orlov Andrew wrote:
> Good day!
> I'm happy Ubuntu user near one year, I do like this! Thank you wery
> much, it is the great system! But I have one tromble: in Ubuntu on
> Toshiba Satellite L500-1ZW and L300-14X computers Wifi with NDISWrapper
> does not work after hibernation and standby mode. The list of aviable
> network connections is no, all that is shown is vpn configuration
> settings. After reboot all works perfect. Please, tell me what can I
> make to fix it?
> Fully yours, Andrew from Russia.

Not sure if there is anything that can be done. Could be a bug in
ndiswrapper or the kernel module for the particular wireless card in
your system. Best bet would be to submit it as a bug to launchpad here:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu

Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Martin Webster

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 13:04 +0400, Orlov Andrew wrote:

> But I have one tromble: in Ubuntu on Toshiba Satellite L500-1ZW and
> L300-14X computers Wifi with NDISWrapper does not work after
> hibernation and standby mode. The list of aviable network connections
> is no, all that is shown is vpn configuration settings. After reboot
> all works perfect. Please, tell me what can I make to fix it?

I think your problem is the unnecessary use of NDISWrapper (a wrapper
that enables you to use a Windows XP driver in Linux.) My son's L300
also has the Realtek RTL8187B and runs Ubuntu 10.04 without the problems
you're experiencing. This wireless card has native driver support in the
2.6 kernel.

--
As ever,
.artin