-   -   Ubuntu One (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/411949-ubuntu-one.html)

Matt Anderson 08-12-2010 02:22 PM

Ubuntu One

Hello everyone.
One of the features I love about Ubuntu is the sync service that Ubuntu One provides.* I have a new 10.04 install.* All updates applied.* My music, files, and notes are all syncing without problem.
However, I can not get my contacts to show up in Evolution.

Can anyone give me a clue where to start looking?

Thanks!
--
Matt Anderson

Thomas Yao 08-12-2010 02:28 PM

Ubuntu One

One of the features I love about Ubuntu is the sync service that Ubuntu One provides.* I have a new 10.04 install.* All updates applied.* My music, files, and notes are all syncing without problem.
However, I can not get my contacts to show up in Evolution.

Can anyone give me a clue where to start looking?

Thanks!
--
Matt Anderson

Make sure that you added your contacts to ubuntu one service before(not to local address book) , and you'll get contacts sync without problem.I have no problem with ubuntu one service , it works with everything.
Good luck

Tony Arnold 08-12-2010 06:31 PM

Ubuntu One

Matt,

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 07:22 -0700, Matt Anderson wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> One of the features I love about Ubuntu is the sync service that
> Ubuntu One provides. I have a new 10.04 install. All updates
> applied. My music, files, and notes are all syncing without problem.
> However, I can not get my contacts to show up in Evolution.
> Can anyone give me a clue where to start looking?

Have a look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/Status

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold, Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security, Fax: +44 (0) 705 344 3082

"M.R." 02-27-2011 06:49 PM

Ubuntu one

When Ubuntu One synchs large files, will it (like rsync, for instance)
attempt to find only those sectors which are different between sending
and receiving locations and send only those, or will it always send the

whole file?

tia, Mark R.

Art Edwards 10-23-2011 06:04 AM

Ubuntu One

Just an FYI if Ubuntu one developers read this list. I came relatively
close to using the Ubuntu One Music Store. I was foiled by captcha. I
spent about four minutes screwing around with the system. Understand
that I would like to support Ubunt by buying music there when I can.
However, I am uninterested in dealing with a security system that is
better than I am. I am already pretty happy with Banshee and Amazon.

I will congratulate the security team. Ubuntu is REALLY secure.

Art Edwards

Alan Pope 10-23-2011 07:45 AM

Ubuntu One

On 23 October 2011 07:04, Art Edwards
<edwardsa@icantbelieveimdoingthis.com> wrote:
> Just an FYI if Ubuntu one developers read this list.

This is probably a better place to report issues:-

https://one.ubuntu.com/help/contact/

Al.

William Biggs 03-04-2012 10:02 PM

ubuntu one

I sign up for ubuntu one I enter my card info I sign up for the 20g 2.99 the systen said my card failed but the system took out 2.99 form my account can anyone help ?

Alan Pope 03-04-2012 10:50 PM

ubuntu one

Ric Moore 03-05-2012 02:51 AM

ubuntu one