Old 01-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Matthias Andersson

Default CPU frequency scaling on Celeron M 1.4 GHz?

Old 01-18-2008, 05:26 PM
"David C. Uhrig"

On Jan 18, 2008 10:04 AM, Matthias Andersson <matthias.andersson@kotikone.fi> wrote:

Hi Matthias,

*** That depends a lot on how old the processor is. If you can get a
model number, then you'll have a better chance at finding out if the
processor does support it. Intel uses SpeedStep [1] to do it's
frequency scaling. Since the Celeron M is based on the Pentium M
microarchitecture [2], it looks like it should have SpeedStep. If it it
is a Mobile Celeron instead of a Celeron M, then I don't think it has
any SpeedStep on it. Check out the list of Celeron CPUs at Wikipedia
for more info [3].

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedStep

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_M

[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Celeron_microprocessors