Old 01-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Albert Wagner

Default latest update fails

The most current update (this morning Fri Jan 18,10:45) for Ubuntu LTS
6.06 fails with the following message:

W: Failed to fetch
http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xorg-server/xserver-xorg-core_1.0.2-0ubuntu10.8_i386.deb
403 Forbidden

Old 01-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 11:53 -0500, Ashley Benton wrote:
> Same for me. I was wondering what to do about it.

Wait for a day and retry

Old 01-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Albert Wagner

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 11:53 -0500, Ashley Benton wrote:
>> Same for me. I was wondering what to do about it.
>
> Wait for a day and retry

That sounds like the best advice. I'll wait.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Rick Barry

On the subject of the failed update, (which still
isn't working), is there a way to permanently remove
"recommended" updates you do not want? I know I can
uncheck them, but I've got about 30 of them now that I
don't want,(evolution updates for instance, I don't
use it). and have to uncheck the same ones every time
I do an update.

Thank you.

Rick

Old 01-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Sam Fielder

wrote:

Same for me. I was wondering what to do about it.

Wait for a day and retry

That sounds like the best advice. I'll wait.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

if you don't use evolution, you could try removing it. Then the updates
will not apply to your system, and should disapear.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Rick Barry

--- Sam Fielder <srf10130@vtc.vsc.edu> wrote:

> Rick Barry wrote:
> > On the subject of the failed update, (which still
> > isn't working), is there a way to permanently
> remove
> > "recommended" updates you do not want? I know I
> can
> > uncheck them, but I've got about 30 of them now
> that I
> > don't want,(evolution updates for instance, I
> don't
> > use it). and have to uncheck the same ones every
> time
> > I do an update.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Rick
> >

> if you don't use evolution, you could try removing
> it. Then the updates
> will not apply to your system, and should disapear.

Yes, I thought of this and did remove evolution. It
had no effect on the updates in the list.