-   -   latest update fails (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/40896-latest-update-fails.html)

Albert Wagner 01-18-2008 03:48 PM

latest update fails

The most current update (this morning Fri Jan 18,10:45) for Ubuntu LTS
6.06 fails with the following message:

W: Failed to fetch
http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xorg-server/xserver-xorg-core_1.0.2-0ubuntu10.8_i386.deb
403 Forbidden

Mario Vukelic 01-18-2008 05:02 PM

latest update fails

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 11:53 -0500, Ashley Benton wrote:
> Same for me. I was wondering what to do about it.

Wait for a day and retry :)

Albert Wagner 01-18-2008 06:01 PM

latest update fails

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 11:53 -0500, Ashley Benton wrote:
>> Same for me. I was wondering what to do about it.
>
> Wait for a day and retry :)

That sounds like the best advice. I'll wait.

Rick Barry 01-19-2008 12:26 PM

latest update fails

On the subject of the failed update, (which still
isn't working), is there a way to permanently remove
"recommended" updates you do not want? I know I can
uncheck them, but I've got about 30 of them now that I
don't want,(evolution updates for instance, I don't
use it). and have to uncheck the same ones every time
I do an update.

Thank you.

Rick

Sam Fielder 01-20-2008 01:22 PM

latest update fails

wrote:

Same for me. I was wondering what to do about it.

Wait for a day and retry :)

That sounds like the best advice. I'll wait.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

if you don't use evolution, you could try removing it. Then the updates
will not apply to your system, and should disapear.

Rick Barry 01-20-2008 02:02 PM

latest update fails

--- Sam Fielder <srf10130@vtc.vsc.edu> wrote:

> Rick Barry wrote:
> > On the subject of the failed update, (which still
> > isn't working), is there a way to permanently
> remove
> > "recommended" updates you do not want? I know I
> can
> > uncheck them, but I've got about 30 of them now
> that I
> > don't want,(evolution updates for instance, I
> don't
> > use it). and have to uncheck the same ones every
> time
> > I do an update.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Rick
> >

> if you don't use evolution, you could try removing
> it. Then the updates
> will not apply to your system, and should disapear.

Yes, I thought of this and did remove evolution. It
had no effect on the updates in the list.