Old 07-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Ray Leventhal

Default support for GPT partitioning schemes in 10.04?

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to go about adding support for GPT
partitions on Ubuntu Desktop (32 bit) v10.04.

From what I've read in googling, it's a kernel compile flag that needs
to be set, so I'm assuming that it's NOT built in. What I'd rather not
have to do is manually compile a kernel, so I'm hoping there's one
pre-rolled, or that I can add a module with this support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
-Ray