Old 07-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Peng Yu

Default USB mouse doesn't respond

Hi,

My desktop is on ubuntu LTS 10.04. My mouse is connected with the
desktop with USB. But sometimes, it stops responding. I'm not sure why
it happens. I have unplug it and replug it for several times. It
didn't work.

Would you please let me know what might be the potential cause?

Peng

Old 07-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Jordon Bedwell

On 7/23/10 10:22 AM, Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My desktop is on ubuntu LTS 10.04. My mouse is connected with the
> desktop with USB. But sometimes, it stops responding. I'm not sure why
> it happens. I have unplug it and replug it for several times. It
> didn't work.
>
> Would you please let me know what might be the potential cause?

Who makes the mouse, and what do your xorg logs say?

Old 07-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Peng Yu

I meant keyboard is not working. But sometimes mouse is not working.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My desktop is on ubuntu LTS 10.04. My mouse is connected with the
> desktop with USB. But sometimes, it stops responding. I'm not sure why
> it happens. I have unplug it and replug it for several times. It
> didn't work.
>
> Would you please let me know what might be the potential cause?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Peng

Peng

Old 07-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Peng Yu

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Jordon Bedwell <jordon@envygeeks.com> wrote:
> On 7/23/10 10:22 AM, Peng Yu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My desktop is on ubuntu LTS 10.04. My mouse is connected with the
>> desktop with USB. But sometimes, it stops responding. I'm not sure why
>> it happens. I have unplug it and replug it for several times. It
>> didn't work.
>>
>> Would you please let me know what might be the potential cause?
>>

> Who makes the mouse, and what do your xorg logs say?

I'm sorry for the confusion. But actually, my keyboard is not working.
Do you have any recommendation what I should check?

Peng

Old 07-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Jordon Bedwell

On 7/23/10 12:15 PM, Peng Yu wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Jordon Bedwell<jordon@envygeeks.com> wrote:
>> On 7/23/10 10:22 AM, Peng Yu wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My desktop is on ubuntu LTS 10.04. My mouse is connected with the
>>> desktop with USB. But sometimes, it stops responding. I'm not sure why
>>> it happens. I have unplug it and replug it for several times. It
>>> didn't work.
>>>
>>> Would you please let me know what might be the potential cause?
>>>

>> Who makes the mouse, and what do your xorg logs say?
>
> I'm sorry for the confusion. But actually, my keyboard is not working.
> Do you have any recommendation what I should check?

Please start a new thread for your keyboard so that when people search
on Google it keywords to the title right. I'll help you in the new thread.