Old 07-23-2010, 01:28 AM
NoOp

Default Mi monitor blinks with the new Ubuntu version - was Specifications of my graphics cards: my monitor blinks with the new Ubuntu

On 07/22/2010 05:27 PM, Juan Jovel wrote:

> Hi Liam and everybody,
>
> thanks for answering. Here are the specifications of my graphics
> card:
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
> Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07) Subsystem: Dell
> Device 02aa Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 30 Memory
> at f6c00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M] Memory at e0000000
> (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M] I/O ports at efe8 [size=8]
> Capabilities: <access denied> Kernel driver in use: i915 Kernel
> modules: i915
>

> Again, my problem is that my screen blinks (from time to time, every
> 5 min I would say) with the new Ubuntu distro.

As Jordan pointed out; keep the subject the same & please bottom post &
include some quotations as to what you are replying to.

That said; I have the same controller on an HP laptop w/o issues, so
it's not the graphics set, and you do have the correct kernel driver
(i915).

Please check:
System|Preferences|Screensaver and turn off 'Activate screensaver...' -
you'll find that it is, by default, set to activate with a blank screen
every 5 minutes. Why Ubuntu chose to do this is beyond me. Also from
that same UI, click 'Power Management' and set your PM preferences.