Old 07-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Jordon Bedwell

Default Specifications of my graphics cards: my monitor blinks with the new Ubuntu

On 7/22/10 7:27 PM, Juan Jovel wrote:

> Hi Liam and everybody,
>
> thanks for answering. Here are the specifications of my graphics card:
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
> Subsystem: Dell Device 02aa
> Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 30
> Memory at f6c00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
> Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
> I/O ports at efe8 [size=8]
> Capabilities:<access denied>
> Kernel driver in use: i915
> Kernel modules: i915
>

> Again, my problem is that my screen blinks (from time to time, every 5 min I would say) with the new Ubuntu distro.
>
> Thanks a lot for any help,
>
> JUAN

> Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!
> <http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>

Please reply with the same subject for now on so that people can view
the threads online and see your solutions if they have the same problem.
Reset your graphics to vesa, login and then install the xorg for intel
graphics.

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel