Old 07-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Sean McGowan

Default Mi monitor blinks with the new Ubuntu version

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 21:54 +0000, Juan Jovel wrote:
> Hello Everybody!
>
> I just updated my Ubuntu system to the version 10.04, after that, my
> monitor blinks (like a little short-circuit). I did not have this
> problem with the previous Ubuntu version. I have a Dell Inspiron
> laptop with a Intel Core Duo processor.
>
> Any suggestion will be welcome.

I recall having a similar issue after I installed Hardy, a couple years
ago. If memory serves, the solution for me was installing the
proprietary nvidia driver. System->Admin->Hardware Drivers.

Good luck,

--
Sean McGowan

// Chuck Norris can divide by zero.