Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 PM
James Bensley

Default Sound in 10.04

My motherboard has onboard sound (how original!), it's a Foxconn ELA
(ICH10 I believe).

It has a digital out but in Ubuntu 10.04 I can only get stereo out no
surround out? The box used to be dual boot with Windows and under
Windows I could get my much loved 5.1 kit a 5.1 feed out from the box
but now it cries in stereo.

I suspect this is because of this (http://i43.tinypic.com/nn5lq1.png)

This is a screen shot of my sound preferences, as you can see only
stereo over digital is an option, why is this? Can I change this?

James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?

Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Basil Chupin

On 23/07/10 01:09, James Bensley wrote:
> My motherboard has onboard sound (how original!), it's a Foxconn ELA
> (ICH10 I believe).
>
> It has a digital out but in Ubuntu 10.04 I can only get stereo out no
> surround out? The box used to be dual boot with Windows and under
> Windows I could get my much loved 5.1 kit a 5.1 feed out from the box
> but now it cries in stereo.
>
> I suspect this is because of this (http://i43.tinypic.com/nn5lq1.png)
>
> This is a screen shot of my sound preferences, as you can see only
> stereo over digital is an option, why is this? Can I change this?

Select the 5.1 Stereo + Analog Stereo Input - and then Close.

BC

--
And God created Woman; and to repent He then created Beer.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:28 AM
Basil Chupin

On 23/07/10 11:04, James Bensley wrote:
> Sorry I didn't make it clear, I want surround over the digital out.

The 5.1 (or 6.1) *is* surround: 5 speakers (5) plus woofer (.1).

(Then after also check in alsamixergui that the surround channels are at
almost max volume.)

BC

--
And God created Woman; and to repent He then created Beer.