Old 07-22-2010, 02:49 AM
"Eric Genaro P. Arceo"

Default CUPS PDF Problem

Hi,

I have recently installed the CUPS PDF on my Ubuntu Lucid. It works,
just that I have a problem in locating where the PDF files were saved,
if any. Can you please offer suggestions on how to set the directory
where the printed PDF files go to. Thanks.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:48 AM
Nils Kassube

Eric Genaro P. Arceo wrote:
> I have recently installed the CUPS PDF on my Ubuntu Lucid. It works,
> just that I have a problem in locating where the PDF files were
> saved, if any. Can you please offer suggestions on how to set the
> directory where the printed PDF files go to. Thanks.

The output files are in the PDF directory which you should have in your
home directory.

Nils

Old 07-22-2010, 04:56 PM
NoOp

On 07/21/2010 09:48 PM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Eric Genaro P. Arceo wrote:
>> I have recently installed the CUPS PDF on my Ubuntu Lucid. It works,
>> just that I have a problem in locating where the PDF files were
>> saved, if any. Can you please offer suggestions on how to set the
>> directory where the printed PDF files go to. Thanks.
>
> The output files are in the PDF directory which you should have in your
> home directory.

In many cases the PDF folder doesn't get created automatically.
@Eric: create a /home/PDF folder (note the all uppercase PDF). If the
folder doesn't exist the PDF's go into the ether.

You can modify this to another folder of your choice by:

$ gksu gedit /etc/cups-pdf.conf

and changing:

Out ${HOME}/PDF

to the folder of your choice.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Chris Jones

> In many cases the PDF folder doesn't get created automatically.
> @Eric: create a /home/PDF folder (note the all uppercase PDF). If the
> folder doesn't exist the PDF's go into the ether.

Do you really mean '/home/PDF', or should that be '/home/$USER/PDF' ?

cheers Chris

Old 07-22-2010, 06:48 PM
NoOp

On 07/22/2010 10:14 AM, Chris Jones wrote:

>> In many cases the PDF folder doesn't get created automatically.
>> @Eric: create a /home/PDF folder (note the all uppercase PDF). If the
>> folder doesn't exist the PDF's go into the ether.
>
> Do you really mean '/home/PDF', or should that be '/home/$USER/PDF' ?
>
> cheers Chris

Good catch & thanks :-0

/home/<user>/PDF