Old 07-21-2010, 04:58 PM
"John R. Sowden"

Default 2 different version 10.04

I downloaded an iso from the Ubuntu site and upgraded a computer via the
Ubuntu update program. The upgrade has a picture of a terminal as the "log
out " logo, the cd has the On/Off symbol. The cd does not turn off the
computer. When I click to shut down, the 'are you sure' window pops up, but
only sometimes does it actually shut off the computer. I am always able to
'sudo halt' from a terminal, after the former failed, and it shuts down
properly. Thoughts?

John Sowden