Old 07-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Larry Shields

Default Bad sector's ???

I was just using the program Disk Utility, and went through each on
of my hard drives, it shows

that my 250gb drive has a few bad sector's on it...

My question is there a way to correct this, without loosing any
data...???

Thanks for any help...

Larry

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 10.4 Ultimate Edition 2.7

Reg# Linux User 484593

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 07-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Jordon Bedwell

On Jul 21, 2010, at 6:27 AM, Larry Shields wrote:

> I was just using the program Disk Utility, and went through each on of my hard drives, it shows
> that my 250gb drive has a few bad sector's on it...
>
> My question is there a way to correct this, without loosing any data...???
>
> Thanks for any help...
>
> Larry
>
> --
> Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
> by Ubuntu ver 10.4 Ultimate Edition 2.7
> 73 de Larry/wd9esu 34yr's A.R.O.
>
> Reg# Linux User 484593
>
> "This is Linux Country,
> on a quiet night you can hear
> WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"
>
> GPG Fingerprint: A4D2 BFC2 B21B 8F7A C336 EFDC 7039 3CA5 3332 076E
> Public Key available from subkeys.pgp.net

Please stop sending HTML mail with ugly yellow backgrounds and you cannot fix bad sectors, this is a hardware issue, if your HD isn't as old as this P4 sitting here you should also have S.M.A.R.T which would have routed the bad sectors already.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Gilles Gravier

Hi, Larry!