Old 07-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Sam Przyswa

Default No more ACX 111 Wifi driver in 2.6.31-22-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP

Hi,

Since upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 my pcmcia Linksys WPC54G v2 wifi card
doesn't work anymore, no LED, no wlan interface found with ifconfig. A
lspci found :

Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless Interface

I use 2 2.6.31-22-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP kernel but no acx module was
found for this kernel.

How tu use now my Linksys WPC54G v2 pcmcia card ?

Thanks for your help.

Sam.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:16 PM
NoOp

On 07/20/2010 05:41 AM, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 my pcmcia Linksys WPC54G v2 wifi card
> doesn't work anymore, no LED, no wlan interface found with ifconfig. A
> lspci found :
>
> Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless Interface
>
> I use 2 2.6.31-22-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP kernel but no acx module was
> found for this kernel.
>
> How tu use now my Linksys WPC54G v2 pcmcia card ?

Perhaps:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q=ubuntu+%2Bkarmic+%2BWPC5 4G+v2+%2BACX111&btnG=Search>
<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=324148>
and
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q=ubuntu+%2BACX+111&btnG=S earch>
<http://acx100.sourceforge.net/wiki/Distribution_list/Ubuntu>
<http://acx100.sourceforge.net/wiki/Firmware>
<quote>
We are doing this on an Ubuntu distribution, so the location of the
firmware images should be
/lib/firmware/<kernel-version>/acx/<firmware-version>. Note: this is
only for the sake of example. There should be no need to do this on an
Ubuntu distribution, since the firmware images are available from the
repositories (in the linux-restricted-modules-<kernel-version> package).
</quote>

Thought this was interesting:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-firmware/+bug/371682>

However, I see that acx is missing in the lucid version of
linux-firmware, but certainly _is_ available in the karmic version:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic-updates/all/linux-firmware/filelist

Good luck. Either way, if you upgrade to lucid you might want to look
around for another card.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Sam Przyswa

NoOp a écrit :
> On 07/20/2010 05:41 AM, Sam Przyswa wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 my pcmcia Linksys WPC54G v2 wifi card
>> doesn't work anymore, no LED, no wlan interface found with ifconfig. A
>> lspci found :
>>
>> Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless Interface
>>
>> I use 2 2.6.31-22-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP kernel but no acx module was
>> found for this kernel.
>>
>> How tu use now my Linksys WPC54G v2 pcmcia card ?
>>

> Perhaps:
> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q=ubuntu+%2Bkarmic+%2BWPC5 4G+v2+%2BACX111&btnG=Search>
> <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=324148>

This link is the right one !