Old 07-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Mark Widdicombe

Default Custom Live CD

Good day all,

I work in an office which is exclusively MS. I have no internet access and am not permitted (or able) to install software on the PC my employers provide. I have a problem in that the ugliness of the Windows interface and the dottiness of its design offend my sensibilities to the extent that I am getting close to resigning my position which I otherwise enjoy. I have come upon a partial solution: I can run Ubuntu from a live CD and do almost everything I need to do with the PC gestapo none the wiser. Unfortunately, the live CD does not come with audio and video codecs that would allow me to listen to music while I work, or some other software like latex that I use to prepare assignments for a course I'm doing.

So my question is how do I 'roll my own' custom live CD that will include all the software I need? Actually, I would like to make a clone of my home PC, including all configuration options, and put it on a live CD that I could use at work and have it identical to my home PC. Once I've done that I'll pick your enormous brains again to figure out how to connect to Sharepoint with it, but that's for another thread.

Thanking you in advance,

Mark

Disclaimer
http://www.shopriteholdings.co.za/pages/1019812640/disclaimer/E-mail-Disclaimer.asp