Old 07-08-2010, 11:25 PM
NoOp

Default Can't purge nepomuk

Made a mistake and installed kaddressbook on my gnome system. That
installed virtuoso-nepomuk & a bunch of other files. purged kaddressbook
& virtuoso-nepomuk and I still have nepomuk services running that I
can't kill or get rid of. I reckon I can figure out how to get it to not
start on reboot, but what I'd really like to do is clean the whole mess
out. Any suggestions?

$ ps -A | grep nepomuk
23593 ? 00:00:01 akonadi_nepomuk
23607 ? 00:00:14 nepomukserver
23657 ? 00:00:28 nepomukservices
23658 ? 00:00:00 nepomukservices
23659 ? 00:00:01 nepomukservices
23660 ? 00:00:08 nepomukservices
25188 ? 00:01:18 nepomukservices
25196 ? 00:00:13 nepomukservices
25202 ? 00:00:00 nepomukservices <defunct>

$ locate nepomuk
/home/gg/.config/akonadi/agent_config_akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/socket
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/redland
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-virtuoso-temp.db
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-virtuoso.db
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-virtuoso.log
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-virtuoso.pxa
/home/gg/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-virtuoso.trx
/home/gg/.kde/share/config/nepomukserverrc
/usr/share/autostart/nepomukserver.desktop
[snips]
/usr/share/kde4/apps/nepomuk
/usr/share/kde4/apps/nepomukstorage
/usr/share/kde4/apps/nepomukstrigiservice
/usr/share/kde4/apps/nepomuk/pics
/usr/share/kde4/apps/nepomuk/pics/rating.png
/usr/share/kde4/apps/nepomukstorage/nepomukstorage.notifyrc
/usr/share/kde4/apps/nepomukstrigiservice/nepomukstrigiservice.notifyrc
/usr/share/kde4/services/kcm_nepomuk.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/services/nepomuk.protocol
/usr/share/kde4/services/nepomukfilewatch.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/services/nepomukmigration1.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/services/nepomukontologyloader.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/services/nepomukqueryservice.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/services/nepomukremovablestorageservice.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/services/nepomuksearch.protocol
/usr/share/kde4/services/nepomukstorage.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/services/nepomukstrigiservice.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/services/kded/nepomuksearchmodule.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/servicetypes/nepomukservice.desktop

Old 07-09-2010, 12:48 AM
NoOp

On 07/08/2010 04:34 PM, chris wrote:

> Don't know if this well help, but I have been in that situation my self,
> found that using MC I can manually clean out the junk
> Cheers the kiwi

MC?

Old 07-09-2010, 01:19 AM
C de-Avillez

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 17:48:47 -0700
NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 07/08/2010 04:34 PM, chris wrote:
> >
> > Don't know if this well help, but I have been in that situation my
> > self, found that using MC I can manually clean out the junk
> > Cheers the kiwi
> >

> MC?

Midnight Commander?

Nevertheless, if a purged package left behind some binaries, this is a
bug, and should be opened as such. If daemons started by a package are
not stopped when the package is removed, this is also a bug.

Just for the sake of completeness, did you reboot?

..C..

Old 07-09-2010, 01:32 AM
NoOp

On 07/08/2010 06:19 PM, C de-Avillez wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 17:48:47 -0700
> NoOp <snipped> wrote:
>
>> On 07/08/2010 04:34 PM, chris wrote:
>> >
>> > Don't know if this well help, but I have been in that situation my
>> > self, found that using MC I can manually clean out the junk
>> > Cheers the kiwi
>>
>> MC?
>
> Midnight Commander?
>
> Nevertheless, if a purged package left behind some binaries, this is a
> bug, and should be opened as such. If daemons started by a package are
> not stopped when the package is removed, this is also a bug.

I agree.

> Just for the sake of completeness, did you reboot?

Not at the time as that still wouldn't have removed the nepomuk folders
& config files. I did however purge all of kde and rebuilt from a backup
marker file from last month; that of course got me back to June's
config/packages, but the nepomuk files remain (the deamon is no longer
running of course).

I'll take the 'rm' or 'gksu nautilus' route to remove them, but as you
mentioned, this appears to be a bug. Thanks.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:36 PM
chris