Old 07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
R Kimber

Default UUID anomaly

Following some partition resizing that appeared to go well, I've discovered
that gparted reports the id of sdc7 as:
ae8fcccb-59d9-4b7e-aa02-c301eee02c8f
whereas blkid reports it as:
ed0b56e7-7a08-4e94-8c52-3de8d5e5c6fb

Which is correct? Are there other ways of finding the UUID that I can use
to check?

It's unsettling that apps can't report something as fundamental as the UUID
consistently.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber