Old 07-08-2010, 07:41 PM
zae eaz

Default OpenOffice / unoconv / java problem when run from PHP script with www-data user

Hi all,

I've a big issue using unoconv to convert Office docs in PDF format from a PHP script.

It works perfectly when I run the script or the unoconv commands as root, but it fails the second I do the same from web (through apache and www-data user)

I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 Server 64bits, openoffice.org and unoconv packages have been installed via apt-get (re-installed today). I think openoffice is version 3.2.

Here is a command line that is called by exec() PHP command :

Code:

/usr/bin/unoconv -f pdf /home/www/framework/files/volume_0/document/original/1278613446MWEwwT4k.ppt

Again : it works when runned as root, fails when runned by apache's www-data.

I logged into the server as www-data (su www-data) and run the command manually. The result is the following error :

Code:

[Java framework] Error in function createSettingsDocument (elements.cxx).
javaldx failed!
Error: Unable to connect or start own listener. Aborting.

Very very frustrating bug

Thank you so much for the help and time to anyone who can help me with this issue

Jean Gabriel

Surfez en toute confiance avec IE8, le navigateur le plus utilisť au monde !