Old 07-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Charlie Brune

Default Resizing partition -- OOPS! My bad...

On 07/08/2010 11:47 AM, Charlie Brune wrote:
> On 07/08/2010 10:32 AM, R Kimber wrote:

>>> That's what I have done in the past.
>> Thanks. It went OK. but there was a GOTCHA: gparted identified the disks
>> differently from the normal setup. For example, my normal sdb was
>> identified by gparted as sda. This was easy to spot because I knew that
>> the disks were partitioned quite differently, but for someone who has
>> very
>> similar sets of partitions, they might not notice.
>>
>> - Richard.
> You also had to resize the filesystem, right?
Sorry, just re-read the original post. You clearly stated that your
process called for resizing the filesystem.

Note that I got burned once when I learned that you can make the
filesystem bigger, but not smaller without un-mounting it. Not a biggie,
but a learning experience. 8-)