Old 07-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Amichai Rotman

Default Best File System for Media Repository

Hey there!
I just bought a 1TB IOmega external USB 2.0 Hard Disk.Â*It came formated as NTFS.
I want to use it for all my music and video file (all of which I riped from my own original CDs and DVDs, of course!)

I was wondering what's the best Partition and File System types for the job?
I have partitioned the whole drive as Linux (0x82) and formated it as EXT4 - checking the properties I got: 46.8 GB used and 870.1 GB free - and that's without any files on it!

I remember something like 4 GB uses an 960 free before changing the partition from NTFS....
can it be? Should I just put it back to NTFS?!
Thanks!

.:================================================ ====:.

Amichai Rotman

בברכה,