Old 07-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Ronald B Cadby

Default Quanta FTP on 10.4

Anybody else trying to get the Quanta editor to FTP properly on 10.4?

The best I can figure is that it's a Quanta programming deficiency, but
I've spent days searching on-line for a solution. FF FireFTP works fine.
Filezilla, built for linux, worked but crashed my system. I think the
latter is, once again, a hardware resource problem causing more boot and
freeze problems which went away when I removed that software.

Quanta is a really good site developer editor and would be near perfect
it I could get their project FTP update system to work.

Unfortunately, the FireFox resource hog gives me grief and I need to not
have it open to use their FireFTP add-on.

Any and all references would be appreciated. I know I'm not alone with
this problem from what I've seen searching the web.

TIA.......Ron

--
You can lead a horse to water.....(The Hoarse Whisperer)

Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Graham Todd

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 14:36:37 -0400
Ronald B Cadby <RCadby@RonCadby.org> uttered these words:

> Unfortunately, the FireFox resource hog gives me grief and I need to
> not have it open to use their FireFTP add-on.
[snipped]

You might like to look at gFTP, which I find a really easy-to-use piece
of software. I know its a Gnome app and you appear to be using KDE,
but I can't see it using any more or many more libraries you've already
got, so the overheads should not be an issue.

Whenever I need to use FTP, its my app of choice, but then I'm a
Gnome-centric user.

--
Graham Todd

Old 07-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Billie Walsh

On 07/08/2010 06:11 AM, Graham Todd wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 14:36:37 -0400
> Ronald B Cadby<RCadby@RonCadby.org> uttered these words:
>

>> Unfortunately, the FireFox resource hog gives me grief and I need to
>> not have it open to use their FireFTP add-on.
>>
> [snipped]
>
> You might like to look at gFTP, which I find a really easy-to-use piece
> of software. I know its a Gnome app and you appear to be using KDE,
> but I can't see it using any more or many more libraries you've already
> got, so the overheads should not be an issue.
>
> Whenever I need to use FTP, its my app of choice, but then I'm a
> Gnome-centric user.

GFTP works really well and it's easy to use.