Old 07-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Thufir

Default skype ppa post upgrade

I'm starting to understand what a ppa is. For skype, do I want to
uncomment this line so that, if and when the binary is updated, that apt-
get will grab the new version?

When upgrading from 9.x to 10.04 this ppa was apparently commented out:

thufir@ARRAKIS:~$ nl /etc/apt/sources.list | grep skype
48 # deb http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ stable non-
free #Skype disabled on upgrade to lucid
thufir@ARRAKIS:~$
thufir@ARRAKIS:~$ skype --version
Skype 2.1.0.81
Copyright (c) 2004-2009, Skype Limited
thufir@ARRAKIS:~$

thanks,

Thufir

Old 07-06-2010, 04:15 PM
NoOp

On 07/06/2010 04:30 AM, Thufir wrote:
> I'm starting to understand what a ppa is. For skype, do I want to
> uncomment this line so that, if and when the binary is updated, that apt-
> get will grab the new version?

Yes.