Old 07-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Mitch Crawford

Default Sound Problem on 10.04

I have an ASUS M2V MX SE mobo with ALC662 sound card.
I've had no sound with this so threw in a sounblaster SB0100 soundcard.

root has sound and i can select both cards which work.
My problem is that the other users on my system have no cards detected
aplay -l lists none detected and audio preferences only shows the dummy
sound.

Any help & direction please.
TIA

--
Mitch

mitch@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk

Old 07-05-2010, 03:43 AM
chris

On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 02:14 +0100, Mitch Crawford wrote:
> I have an ASUS M2V MX SE mobo with ALC662 sound card.
> I've had no sound with this so threw in a sounblaster SB0100 soundcard.
>
> root has sound and i can select both cards which work.
> My problem is that the other users on my system have no cards detected
> aplay -l lists none detected and audio preferences only shows the dummy
> sound.
>
> Any help & direction please.
> TIA
>
> --
> Mitch
>
> mitch@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk

Has the user got audio privileges.
System>Administration>users and groups
cheers the kiwi

Old 07-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Basil Chupin

On 05/07/10 11:14, Mitch Crawford wrote:
> I have an ASUS M2V MX SE mobo with ALC662 sound card.
> I've had no sound with this so threw in a sounblaster SB0100 soundcard.
>
> root has sound and i can select both cards which work.
> My problem is that the other users on my system have no cards detected
> aplay -l lists none detected and audio preferences only shows the dummy
> sound.
>
> Any help& direction please.
> TIA

Have they been added to the Group (?)Audio?

BC

Old 07-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Mitch Crawford

On 05 Jul, Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Have they been added to the Group (?)Audio?

> BC

Ah a reboot sorted it thanks.

Greatly appreciated.
Thankyou.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Basil Chupin

On 05/07/10 16:48, Mitch Crawford wrote:
> On 05 Jul, Basil Chupin<blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>

>> Have they been added to the Group (?)Audio?
>>

>> BC
>>
> Ah a reboot sorted it thanks.
>
> Greatly appreciated.
> Thankyou.

Good! No problem. Always pays to reboot - even thopugh doing so is
supposed to be M$ territory....

BC