Old 07-03-2010, 06:11 PM
stan

Default Broadcom bcm4311 and kismet ((.10)

I really need to use kismet to diagnose some issue with a wireless netwrk.
I have a laptop with a Broadcom bcm4311 chipset. I found this page:

http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1373098

And thught I would be hime free, but I have some issues with the
instructions there. First of all the latest kismet tarball I found was
kismet-2010-01-R1. I am not certain if that is the version this wen page
refers to for 2 reasons. First it does not understand the --enable-bcm4311
flag to configure. Second it does not understand the make deb" flag to
make.

Given this, should I proceed with trying to follow these instructions?