Old 07-03-2010, 02:20 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default installing python3.1, and building dev version of blender

a friend of mine wants to see the current development version of
blender so, after a quick read, it would appear that i need to install
python3.1-dev, then "svn co" the blender repo and take it from there.

has anyone else done this? any gotchas i should know about?
any problems with pythons 2.6 and 3.1 co-existing on the same system?
thanks.

rday

http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 07-03-2010, 10:12 PM
NoOp

> a friend of mine wants to see the current development version of
> blender so, after a quick read, it would appear that i need to install
> python3.1-dev, then "svn co" the blender repo and take it from there.
>
> has anyone else done this? any gotchas i should know about?
> any problems with pythons 2.6 and 3.1 co-existing on the same system?
> thanks.
>
> rday

I don't _think_ you'll have any issue (try on a test machine first). I
have 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6 installed and working on several of my machines.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:19 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

http://crashcourse.ca/blog/2010/07/blender-25-alpha-2-ubuntu-1004