Old 07-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Basil Chupin

Default Having the date format shown correctly in Lucid and Maverick

I have my system correctly set to reflect my country, it's time zone,
and the language (including money sign etc) used in this country.

However, Ubuntu stubbornly refuses to correctly show the date stamp in
the top panel: it shows, for example, "Sat Jul 3, 16:07:30" and not what
it should be showing which is "Sat 3 Jul.....".

Is there a hidden setting somewhere which I can fiddle for Ubuntu to
adhere to my wishes? Anyone, please?

(The date stamp is shown correctly everywhere else, TB, Nautilus,
whatever- all except the top panel.)

BC