Old 07-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Amichai Rotman

Default How to send different content to each head on a Netbook

Hi,
I have an EeePC 1000HE Netbook.
I'd like to use it at a Fair with an external LCD monitor connected the the VGA port (A.K.A. LVDS) as follows:

Use the internal LCD screen for my own stuff, like surfing the Web and reading PDFs and such, and at the same time run an OO Impress Slide Show on the external LCD monitor for everyone to see.

It is very important that whatever I do on the internal LCD won't show up on the external LCD!
I guess there's a CLI command to tell a certain application to open and display a *file on *certain $DISPLAY?

Thanks!

.:================================================ ====:.

Amichai Rotman

Old 07-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Yorvyk

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:24:18 +0300
Amichai Rotman <amichai@iglu.org.il> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an EeePC 1000HE Netbook.
>
> I'd like to use it at a Fair with an external LCD monitor connected the the
> VGA port (A.K.A. LVDS) as follows:
>
> Use the internal LCD screen for my own stuff, like surfing the Web and
> reading PDFs and such, and at the same time run an OO Impress Slide Show on
> the external LCD monitor for everyone to see.
>
> It is very important that whatever I do on the internal LCD won't show up on
> the external LCD!
>
> I guess there's a CLI command to tell a certain application to open and
> display a file on certain $DISPLAY?

Devilspie is [probably what you’re after.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net