Old 07-02-2010, 04:12 PM
"H.S."

Default anybody running Ubuntu on Asus M4A87TD EVO motherboard?

I am thinking of getting this one. It appears to be a new one from Asus
and I am wondering if Linux supports it in all ways (networking, sound,
etc.). It is an AMD Socket AM3 motherboard: Asus M4A87TD EVO.

If somebody can confirm that Ubuntu works properly on this mobo, it
would be great.

Thanks.

ever having been read.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:45 AM
"H.S."

On 02/07/10 12:12 PM, H.S. wrote:

> I am thinking of getting this one. It appears to be a new one from Asus
> and I am wondering if Linux supports it in all ways (networking, sound,
> etc.). It is an AMD Socket AM3 motherboard: Asus M4A87TD EVO.
>
> If somebody can confirm that Ubuntu works properly on this mobo, it
> would be great.

Here is more info on this mobo:

Chipset: AMD 870 / SB850

LAN: RTL8111E PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET2

Audio: VT1818 High Definition Audio 8-Channel CODEC

Storage: SB850 Chipset. 6 xSATA 6.0 Gb/s ports Support RAID 0,1,5,10
IEEE 1394: VIA® VT6308P controller supports 2 x 1394a port(s)

USB:
NEC® USB 3.0 controller:- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (blue; at back panel)
SB850 Chipset:- 12 x USB 2.0 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at
back panel)

ever having been read.