Old 07-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Tracey Bassett

Default ubuntu forums

I realise that this may not be the right place for this problem but was a bit stuck on where else to go. I can't get ubuntu forums to work - everytime I try and log in it says it is the wrong password even though I have used the password reset facility. Without being able to log in I can't post a thread asking for help on the forums, so am stuck in a vicious circle! Any help would be very much appreciated

Tracey

Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:05:42 -0700
daniel mcfarland <daniel.mcfarland@gmail.com> wrote:

> Try this one : http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/

I, for one, ran quickly from Red Hat some years back.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 PM
NoOp

On 07/01/2010 01:05 PM, daniel mcfarland wrote:
> Try this one : http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/

And that helps the OP how?

Please don't top post, see:
Technical guidelines
Proper quoting

@Tracey: login works for me.
http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=48
Perhaps try registering a new account? Sorry, I can't help you much
beyond that as I seldom use the forums.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:44 AM
daniel mcfarland

**Just wanted to verify that it wasn't forums broken on her computer.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

> daniel mcfarland <daniel.mcfarland@gmail.com> :
> Just wanted to verify that it wasn't forums broken on her computer.

dont top post.

+261 34 56 000 19

Old 07-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Florian Diesch

Tracey Bassett <tracey2109@gmail.com> writes:

> I realise that this may not be the right place for this problem but was a
> bit stuck on where else to go. I can't get ubuntu forums to work - everytime
> I try and log in it says it is the wrong password even though I have used
> the password reset facility. Without being able to log in I can't post a
> thread asking for help on the forums, so am stuck in a vicious circle! Any
> help would be very much appreciated

It seems they had some hardware/software problems yesterday. Try again now.

Florian
--
Simple dict-like Python API for GConf:
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/software/easygconf/>

Old 07-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Robert Steinmetz

Title: Signature

Top Posting is not Evil, just different. It enables people with email
software with decent threading ability to follow threads without
reading the whole thing every time. For my response to the question see
below :-P ;

Tracey Bassett wrote:
I realise that this may not be the right place for this
problem but was a bit stuck on where else to go. I can't get ubuntu
forums to work - everytime I try and log in it says it is the wrong
password even though I have used the password reset facility. Without
being able to log in I can't post a thread asking for help on the
forums, so am stuck in a vicious circle! Any help would be very much
appreciated

Tracey

I was having trouble with thr Ubuntu Forums yesterday as well, and I've
used them in the past with no problem. It would not log me inot my
account and if it didi would keep reloading the same page over and over
again.

--

Robert
Steinmetz, AIA

Principal

Steinmetz & Associates

Old 07-02-2010, 02:19 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 09:37:49 -0400
Robert Steinmetz <rob@steinmetznet.com> wrote:

> Top Posting is not Evil, just different.

Top posting is against the 'rules of the road' for this mailing list.[1]

Here is a quote from that page (I've highlighted the appropriate
passage with asterisks):

"Technical guidelines
Proper quoting:

Proper quoting is very important on mailing lists, to ensure that it is easy to follow the conversation. There are four fundamental rules:

When replying to an email, ensure that the email which you are replying to is indented with a symbol such as > or | (this is usually done from the preferences of your email client - most should do this by default).

When quoting, attribute the quoted text to the person who wrote it (again, most email clients will do this by default). Be careful to attribute the correct text to the correct person.

****Write your email underneath the email which you are replying to.

Tailor your reply to fit the text which you are replying to. Do not quote the whole of the previous email - remove any unnecessary text. To avoid confusion, it's often a good idea to replace removed text with a brief indication that something has been removed, like [snip].

HTML mail

Avoid sending emails in HTML format, if possible. Some people may find
it more difficult to read or reply to these emails. Also, HTML email
takes up more space, so people with restricted Internet access will be
happier to receive plain text emails."

I include that last paragraph to point out that HTML is also considered
to be a no-no.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs