Old 07-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Roland Turcan

Default VSFTPd, Apache2 and permissions

Hello all,

I am trying to setup up the same data dir for apache2 and vsftp where
I have problems with permissions.

vsftp has option file_open_mode=0666 to allow read/write for anybody
which works over ftp fine, but the same directory is set up as web
page directory over apache2 for file listing, but over apache2 I
didn't get files because of permission problems. When I check the
permissions of uploaded file in system I see that they have 0600 which
is not enough.

How to set up permissions to satisfy apache?

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards, TRoland
http://www.rotursoft.sk

Old 07-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Roland Turcan

Hello all,

I will answer myself in hope to help some of you in the future. Maybe
to me too when I will forget it. :-D

The key is to set "local_umask=000" into vsftpd.conf and all files
start to be uploaded with read and write permissions.

TRoland;

<<< 01.07.2010 21:37 - Roland Turcan "konf@rotursoft.sk" >>>

--
Best regards, TRoland
http://www.rotursoft.sk

Old 07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Hakan Koseoglu

Roland,
On 01/07/10 20:37, Roland Turcan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to setup up the same data dir for apache2 and vsftp where
> I have problems with permissions.
>
> vsftp has option file_open_mode=0666 to allow read/write for anybody
> which works over ftp fine, but the same directory is set up as web
> page directory over apache2 for file listing, but over apache2 I
> didn't get files because of permission problems. When I check the
> permissions of uploaded file in system I see that they have 0600 which
> is not enough.
Have a look at the local_umask option on vsftpd.conf.
As the manual says, umask is applied on top of the file_open_mode.