Old 07-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default What is the MSN Player?

✈dcl:~$ aptitude search msn
p amsn -
An MSN messenger written in Tcl
p amsn-data -
Data files for aMSN
p amsn2 -
AMSN2
p amsn2-gtk -
amsn2-gtk
p amsn2-kde -
amsn2-kde
p imsniff -
Simple program to log Instant Messaging activity on the network
p libmsn-dev -
high-level C++ library for MSN Messenger [devel]
c libmsn0.1 -
high-level C++ library for MSN Messenger [runtime]
p libmsn0.1-dbg -
high-level C++ library for MSN Messenger [debug]
i A libmsn0.2 -
high-level C++ library for MSN Messenger [runtime]
p libmsn0.2-dbg -
high-level C++ library for MSN Messenger [debug]
p licq-plugin-msn -
MSN plug-in for Licq
p msn-pecan -
alternative MSN protocol plugin for libpurple
p msn-pecan-dbg -
debugging symbols for msn-pecan
p msntp - A
very simple and portable SNTP client/server
p pymsnt -
MSN transport for Jabber
p python-msn -
Python client library for the MSN protocol
v python2.5-msn -
v python2.6-msn -
✈dcl:~$

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 07-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Dotan Cohen

What is the "MSN Player" mentioned on the Ubuntu Features page:
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/features

I see nothing that looks like it might fit in Aptitude (from 9.10, though):
[...]

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 07-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Markus Schnhaber

01.07.2010 20:32, Dotan Cohen:

> What is the "MSN Player" mentioned on the Ubuntu Features page:
> http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/features

Judging from what I read on this page
"Watch all your favourite content from YouTube, iPlayer, and MSN Player"
this seems to be a web service / a source for video content. So I
wouldn't expect a "MSN Player" application to be in the repositories as
I wouldn't expect a "YouTube" application to be either.

WAG: it might be this
http://video.uk.msn.com/

--
Regards
mks

Old 07-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Dotan Cohen

2010/7/1 Markus Schnhaber <ubuntu-users@list-post.mks-mail.de>:
> Judging from what I read on this page
> "Watch all your favourite content from YouTube, iPlayer, and MSN Player"
> this seems to be a web service / a source for video content. So I
> wouldn't expect a "MSN Player" application to be in the repositories as
> I wouldn't expect a "YouTube" application to be either.
>
> WAG: it might be this
> http://video.uk.msn.com/

Thanks, Mark. I don't know why I thought that it might be software,
probably I was just overtired.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il