Old 06-30-2010, 12:02 PM
stan

Default XML editor?

I am looking for recomendations on an XML aware editor to use. What are
people uisng?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 06-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Johnny Rosenberg

2010/6/30 stan <stanb@panix.com>:
> I am looking for recomendations on an XML aware editor to use. What are
> people uisng?

What are you looking for? What do you mean by ”XML aware”? Do you mean
that the editor should just recognize XML and not much more than that?
In that case I guess most text editors should do the job, even gedit.

Johnny Rosenberg

Old 06-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Steve Flynn

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:02 PM, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
> I am looking for recomendations on an XML aware editor to use. What are
> people uisng?

XML Copy does me ok

http://xml-copy-editor.sourceforge.net/

There's also Screem which looks ok although I've never tried it -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/screem/
--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 06-30-2010, 07:09 PM
stan

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 04:36:33PM +0200, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> 2010/6/30 stan <stanb@panix.com>:
> > I am looking for recomendations on an XML aware editor to use. What are
> > people uisng?
>
> What are you looking for? What do you mean by ???XML aware???? Do you mean
> that the editor should just recognize XML and not much more than that?
> In that case I guess most text editors should do the job, even gedit.

Well, I was not specific, beacuse I am not certain, what I want.

I am failry confrtable with vi, but editing XML files in it requires that
you be careful to match up start and end tags etc. I was hoping that, since
XML is becoming very common now. Someone would hav written a nice tool,
specifically for dealing with it. I cna think of some things thta moght be
nice in such a tool, but I don't know for certain that they would be.

How about understnading start and end tags, CSS knowledge... ?