Old 06-29-2010, 11:40 PM
William Biggs

Default wireless card

I looking to get a usb wireless card for my desktop . Witch one will
work with ubuntu ?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Li Li

Good list of chipsets, cards, etc. here: http://linux-wless.passys.nl/

--
Lilly
godbless --everyone --no-exceptions

Old 07-02-2010, 01:39 AM
sdavmor

On 06/30/2010 02:00 PM, Li Li wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 19:40 -0400, William Biggs wrote:
>> I looking to get a usb wireless card for my desktop . Witch one
>> will work with ubuntu ?
>
> Good list of chipsets, cards, etc. here:
> http://linux-wless.passys.nl/

I have a Cisco wireless N and a Dlink wireless N USB card for my two
old laptops. Both of them worked until the latest kernel today (last
kernel works fine). I'll have to look into why that is.

For a desktop you might want to look into some of the internal PCI
ethernet cards instead. Intel wireless N and Trendnet wireless N work
straight out of the box with Lucid.
http://mikedickson.org.uk